Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day

I feel like I should at least acknowledge that there is a New Year with a post.  We spent the day (and all the days of break before) getting the baby's room ready and going through the house trying to rearrange everything in the best way possible.  In the process Robert made his hernia worse so he will be having surgery on the 7th.  Hopefully I will not go into labor early and will wait until the 21st for my scheduled c-section.  If not it will be very interesting seeing the two of us try to get Maya in and out of places.  At 24 pounds she will be above the amount we can lift.  He should be able to lift her by the 21st...fingers crossed. 

Still no name for the baby.  We can only come up with silly names at this point.  We are going to have to get serious soon though!

I've done a lot of cooking and baking over the break.  Tried out some cookies/bars that I've been meaning to try from Alice Medrich's Cookies and Brownies.  I must highly recommend the "Chewy Almond Cherry Bars".  Wicked yummy!  Robert was also a fan of the double chocolate chips which used Andes mints instead of chocolate chips.  The dough freezes great so I put some up for after the baby is born.  There is also a great recipe for Peppermint Bark Cookies in the Dec. addition of Bon Appetit.  I've only been nibbling here and there because I got a sinus/bronchitis infection after eating one cookie!  Such is my luck. 

I'm resisting the urge to check my work email until Sunday night.  Need just a little longer to not think about all the work things that will be added to my list of things to do come Monday. 

Happy New Year's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment